Monday, August 8, 2011

Shortage on Chemo Drugs

I mentioned the other day there is a shortage of one of my chemotherapy drugs.  Here is the story from ABC News.

It's a long article, but for someone like myself, who was told Taxol would be part of my treatment plan, it was worth reading, and distressing, to say the least.  There is a video and a long article.  Both are worth watching/reading if you're interested.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/CancerPreventionAndTreatment/chemo-drug-taxol-shortage-leaves-doctors-scrambling-cancer/story?id=13906891

Still feeling rough.  Very nauseated and fatigued.  A little down.  All a normal part of the process, I'm sure.











2 comments:

  1. Lovely.....it was interesting to learn more about the Taxol and at the same time it is very , very sad for you:( Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete