Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Rough Road

Wow, what a difference dose-dense chemotherapy made.  I have been so sick since my treatment last week.  The effect of chemotherapy is cumulative each round will be more difficult, but the whammy from the last round really got me.

I had my labwork done today at the Cancer Center and then met with a nurse practitioner.  My white blood cells are up a bit, but still in the low range.  I'm dehydrated despite the fact I've been drinking what I thought was enough water to keep dehydration a non-issue.  I'm struggling with how fatigued I am, the nausea, thrush, bone pain, and the limitations my body is now feeling.  Honestly, I sobbed at my appointment explaining how difficult the last week has been.  The NP was compassionate and comforting (she gives great hugs too).

She gave me a printout of a quote by Mary Anne Radmacher:  "Courage doesn't always roar.  Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying 'I will try again tomorrow.'" I love it. 

As always, I want to end on a positive note.   Thank you to friends that comforted me and offered their comforting words of encouragement today as I cried..  And thank you to fantastic neighbors for bringing dinner this evening.  It was SO good.  Thank you.  Okay, crying again...but tears of gratitude for the support.

Tomorrow is another day....

5 comments:

  1. Love the quote and love your spirit! Thinking of you, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Lindsey. I so appreciate your support through this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope today is a better day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an an amazing quote Denise and so very true. Remember take life a moment at a time and it is okay to cry, scream and then take a nap and do it again the next day...you are going through tough stuff.

    We love you, pray for you and think of you so often!!!

    Hugs!! You CAN DO THIS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone. Today was a better day. :)

    ReplyDelete