Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Feeling Better...Thank Goodness!

Yes!  I am feeling better!  I am SO happy about it!   I've had a few moments today when I thought I was going to "lose my cookies" but they quickly went away.  Around noon, it occurred to me that I was able to concentrate so much better and maybe it was because I was taking the anti-nausea medications.  I abhor nausea and vomiting so I just hugged my Zofran and Compazine with love.

This evening, I looked up some of the issues I've been dealing with the last four days and they were explained by the side effects list for the two drugs.

  - Blurred vision
  - Agitation
  - Nausea (which is what they are supposed to stop)
  - Fatigue
  - A word that rhymes with anticipation

Lesson learned - read the information guides from pharmacy regardless of how desperately you want the medication to work.  I will be asking for something different after my next round of chemo.  I actually go to the cancer center on Friday, during what they refer to as the "nadir," which is used in chemotherapy treatment when looking at blood counts such as white blood cells and platelets.  So, maybe I'll bring it up then.  But, I loathe vomiting, so maybe I have to deal with the side effects.  I hope not.

I treated myself to a little online retail therapy and purchased items from The Breast Cancer Store.  Four percent of the purchase goes towards the cost of a mammogram for someone (bonus).  I love everything I got, but one in particular I wanted to share.  It's a bracelet and it says:

What Cancer Cannot Do:  corrode faith, shatter hope, destroy peace, silence courage, invade the soul, steal eternal life, conquer the soul, cripple love, kill friendship, suppress memories.


LOVE that.  Huh?!

I also watched the movie "Crazy Sexy Cancer" by Kris Carr.  It was good!  Inspirational.  She has written books about healthy eating while living with cancer.  Another book to read!  So many books and so little time.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping me today to let me know what's going on. I've enjoyed reading your blog. You are completely amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy-
    It was so meant to be...seeing you today. I admit, I cried when I got back into the car and told Olivia about Margy. She was an incredible inference on my life way back in the day. I think of her so often with my diagnosis. I'd like to have lunch sometime to learn more about her journey. If that's okay. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete