Sunday, July 31, 2011

It's Just Hair

Hello to all!  Well, last night family and friends gathered at our friends' home...and shaved my head.  Yes, there was a chance (slim) that I may not lose my hair, but I decided after my diagnosis I would be proactive and just go for it.  On MY terms.  Thanks Charles and Jen for letting us converge at your house!

Bon-Bon and Conor - thanks for videotaping.  Dad and Olivia, thanks for taking such great pics.  And to everyone else, THANK YOU for being on my "team."  Almost everyone took turns and used scissors or the electric razor and shaved my hair.  There was much laughter and a few tears here and there.

I got a few wraps from my sis and hats and goodies from Dad and Miss Ellie.  Thank you!  I'm wearing a wrap right now because my head is cold!  It was quite a shocker looking in the mirror this morning.  I wore a wrap to church.  I shed quite a few tears at church while the Worship Team was playing.  The songs were uplifting and wonderful, but it just got the tears going!  I am thankful to be going to this church.  I received two gifts this morning.  Tori made me a great pink hair band with a crocheted pink ribbon (thank you, Tori) and the Cast On Ministry ladies made me a beautiful turquoise shawl.  It's beautiful!

Here's a video of my hair shaving experience.  At one point I had a mohawk and then a modified mohawk with stripes, but this is the end of the adventure and a group hug afterwards!


Tomorrow I have to be at the hospital at 8:15 am for the portacath surgery and Tuesday I report to the Cancer Center at 9 am.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Denise...its Jo Fletcher. You look absolutely beautiful. who knew you had such a perfectly shaped head. Love and prayers...Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo, thank you. It's not quite perfectly shaped. I have a few funky nooks and crannies, but it's the skull God gave me. I'm good with it. Feeling braver about going out in public. Hugs ~ Denise

    ReplyDelete