Tuesday, November 8, 2011

MRI and CT Scan Normal!

Finally some good news! The CT of my chest and the MRI of my brain showed no cancer. I am beyond thrilled. I had been so upset thinking it may have spread. I told the nurse today that the newest lump in my axils a has nearly doubled in size since last week. I may tell them that my preference is to get a biopsy on those lumps-to be absolutely positive!

I've shifted my thoughts now to things I'm grateful for and things worth living for. And I have many, MANY things to be grateful for. Right now, I'm grateful for the little fuzz of hair starting to sprout on my head. I feel like a newborn baby. I wonder what color it will be? What texture? It seems very light to me, as on, ahem, gray. That would be fine. Gray hair is beautiful. It would be another badge of my cancer journey!

Our son, Conor, drilled this weekend with his Army Reserves unit and was given an Army Achievement Award. And he was given the news about the unit. They are being deployed in May, 2012. That made my heart skip a beat. I'm very proud of him. I made it through two of Michael's deployments, I can figure out how to make it through Conor's.

So, now, breathing a sigh of relief. I'm more focused on finishing the LAST CHEMO TREATMENT and then six weeks of radiation. Deep breath in....deep breath out......om....namaste.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Denise! That's great news!! What a relief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings on your good news! I sent you an email:). Per gray hair - my fuzz/fluff is too - lucky duck yours is starting to come in before your last treatment. Mine didn't start coming in for 2 months after! I like your position - will wear with pride:>/). Good luck with the last chemo...sending prayers. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete