Friday, October 14, 2011

Michael's Home!!

I am happy to share with you that Michael has returned from the Brain Injury Center at Casa Colina!  He flew into our airport at 6 p.m. last night.  KPVI news and the Idaho State Journal were there to talk with us.

Sadly, Conor had to work at Mama Inez and couldn't find anyone to cover his shift.  But, we went there straight from the airport so Michael could see him.  We had dinner there with our WONDERFUL neighbors, Mike and Linda, and just were in amazement to be back together again.

I was quite anxious for Michael to see me without hair, but he says he loves it.  One of my friends from work said we are the "baldsey twins."  I love that Dana!!  :)

Michael told the reporters how difficult it was to be at Casa Colina knowing I was struggling here at home and that he's happy to be here now so he can take care of me.  It's a role reversal because I've been his caregiver after his major surgeries.  Really, we'll just be taking care of one another now.  "In sickness and in health...."

Michael's Homecoming  from KPVI.  Thank you, Logan.

Mike Farnworth from the Idaho State Journal also did a great story on the homecoming.  Thanks, Mike!

Michael and I are going to rest today.  My back spasms have returned with vengence.  I joke that they really feel like contractions and I should time how far apart they are.  I even try to use Lamaze breathing to get through the pain, but most times it's so severe that breathing is difficult.  So, off to rest and spend time with Michael.


2 comments:

  1. YEAY!!! I am SO happy that the two of you are together again! What a great news brodcast. You both look great, and so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Krisee!! It's great having him home! Denise

    ReplyDelete