Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Breast Cancer Awareness Month - My Thoughts in Words

As a breast cancer survivor, I have found myself surprisingly emotional about Breast Cancer Awareness Month this year. At this time last year I was in the middle of my chemotherapy treatments and sick, bald, and tired. Life IS much better this October than it was last year. I've been in remission since I completed radiation in February, however I've been told I will never be "cured," and that weighs on my heart. However, I am living under the premise that cancer will not make its way into my body again! I am eating healthy, exercising, and taking steps to ensure positivity is the rule and not the exception in my life.

I am returning once again to my creative side in order to create joy and happiness for myself and others. I created this "wordle" above with words that were woven into my life story in the past 16 months.

Hope, Courage, and Faith to ALL cancer survivors,
Denise

3 comments:

  1. What a difference a year makes and I am sure that you have grown stronger than you would have ever thought possible...Granted I sure do wish at times that their were easier ways to grow and get stronger :)

    I LOVE what you created and it is amazing. The portal you started is also such a great thing and I am sure will touch many people's lives!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi,
    Thank you for our message! It has been quite a year!

    I'm glad you like my Happy Place Portal. I love it and hope other people will post to it more.

    I miss you! Say HI to your lovely family.

    D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cameron,
    Your email address didn't come up when I clicked on your name. Please email me a dofarrell68@gmail.com.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete