Monday, December 19, 2011

The Night Before Mastectomy

Hi all. Just a quick post. I check into the University of Utah Hospital tomorrow morning at 9:30 and surgery is scheduled at 11 a.m. Michael and I are trying our best to relax. We're watching Monday Night Football, rather distracted by what is to come tomorrow. Once the surgery is complete, I will be moved and admitted to the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I will be there 1-3 days. Taking deep breaths and hoping to get a little sleep tonight. My mantra going into surgery will be peace, healing, and being cancer free in 2012. I keep thinking of those t-shirts that say "Save the Ta-Ta's." I've always loved that shirt, but I struggle with it now because I can no longer save mine. To my followers that are women. Please do your monthly self-breast exams and schedule your mammograms so you can savwe yours. If you find a lump - be PROACTIVE and get it checked. Trust your gut instinct until you are comfortable. I am SO GLAD I trusted my intuition about this cancer or I would be in a much worse predicament. Gentlemen, make sure your wife is scheduling her mammograms. And remember, men can get breast cancer as well. If you have something suspicious, get it checked. Breathing in....and breathing out...... Namaste. ~Denise

1 comment:

  1. Dear Friend Denise,

    I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light, and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one. Namaste

    ReplyDelete